Thursday, April 28, 2011

RISING TIDE: Dress for the Game’s Tornado Relief Effort

As I sat in Birmingham horrified at the images that were being flashed on the screen of the massive tornado that was destroying Tuscaloosa, tears filled my eyes.  I still can’t explain the constant pit-like feeling in my stomach. My heart goes out to the families that lost love ones and their homes.
Dress for the Game wants to help. Let’s put aside our rivalries and and rise to the occasion to help a fellow SEC community in need.
I have ordered a special necklace to show our support for Tuscaloosa and the surrounding areas that were devastated. A portion of the proceeds of this necklace will go directly to the Red Cross in Tuscaloosa. I contacted the Red Cross and they informed me that monetary needs are their highest priority.
IMG_7564_1_0
The cost of the necklace is $20.
You can purchase through Paypal until the website is completed click on the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K8CMG5XUWQN2U
If you are unable to purchase a necklace, please pray for Alabama.

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat! I am not an Alabama fan, but that necklace is adorable! Thanks for linking up to the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop! I am now following you! Hope you found some new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower from the Finding New Friends Blog Hop. Would love to have you follow back. Cute necklace.

    ReplyDelete